MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life
Click photo to visit dawnkairns.com

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Don't Leave Me! (Steps to Deal With Separation Anxiety in Dogs)

Posted By Dawn Kairns, Author of MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

Have you ever had a dog with separation anxiety? It can be one of the most challenging behavioral problems to deal with in your dog. After Maggie died, we were far from ready for another dog, so we got involved with the Humane Society of Boulder Valley and Front Range Labrador Rescue (today we have Safe Harbor Lab Rescue and Rocky Mountain Lab Rescue) and we fostered dogs. We fostered a handsome white lab named Bob. But oh my, we did not know what we were in for! I'd never even heard of separation anxiety in dogs before. But Bob took my husband and I on such a journey that I wrote about our adventures with Bob and some handy tips for dealing with separation anxiety in your dog in an article published in Real Travel Adventures online magazine. Here's the link if you'd like to read it:


Good luck!

No comments :