MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life
Click photo to visit dawnkairns.com

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dreams Provide Solutions and Direction In Our Lives

Posted By Dawn Kairns, Author of MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

 No Such Thing As "It Was Just A Dream"

One of my motivations for writing my book, MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life,  was to share with you the significant and even prophetic information I received in my dreams, about Maggie and myself. Dreams are messages from our soul. Understanding our dreams makes us more of who we are; more genuine and authentic. They are not "just dreams" when you learn their language, as Carl Jung so aptly taught us. This excerpt I received today from The Daily Inspiration explains why understanding our dreams is so important in our lives:

Excerpt from Living Authentically: Follow Your Dreams  by John D. Goldhammer, Ph.D.

"Why try to understand our dreams? Because our contemporary world urgently needs the intervention of a perspective that brings greater soulfulness and compassion into our experience and actions; qualities that our dreams help cultivate and develop. And because our dreams have a profound purpose: the creation of distinct, integrated individuals who will add vitally needed qualities to our collective life as well as encourage the development of mutual respect, interconnectedness, and empathy for each other and for our natural environment.

Indeed, our dreams are screaming solutions for the imbalance, injustice, and social chaos that permeates our present age.

We need to become much more conscious, more aware of who we are and of our particular destiny, our true vocation. Understanding dreams and incorporating their meaning into our waking life makes individuals a source of creativity, a wellspring of insight, character, and integrity, renewing society and reinvigorating culture."

No comments :