MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life
Click photo to visit dawnkairns.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Maddie's New Therapy Dog Job Takes a Back Seat

Our 1st picture of Maddie, 11 months
"Oh, you can just see that she walks around with a smile on her face ..."

"You can just tell that she is a happy dog -- she exudes joy!"

That is my Maddie folks are commenting about. For those of you who have read my book, MAGGIE the dog who changed my life, it's a bit of a déjà vu of what many said about Maggie, right? I feel so blessed to have had these two incredible black Labrador's in our lives who bring joy not only to us, but to everyone who met/meets them.

Enjoying a pig's ear at the Brewing Market
Awhile back I mentioned that Maddie was soon likely to have more of a humane education job in addition to her work at the juvenile center. Unfortunately, the humane educator at our local humane society who was planning to implement a pilot program in the Boulder schools left her position while we were away in Chile. Prior to that we had been discussing the possibility of Maddie being the "pilot" dog, and I the pilot guest speaker for humane education in the schools.

At this time, however, the shelter tells me, they have no plans to take humane education into the schools. Instead, they will continue their on site humane education camps for kids in the summer. So what was that, anyway, that their employee was discussing with me? Was my humane educator "friend" going rogue, without the shelters knowledge? I don't know, but I think she had a great idea. I was sad to see her go.

"I LOVE snowfields!"
So I guess in the meantime Maddie will just have to keep being a therapy dog to those she sees every day, along with, of course, the juvenile center teens.

Until her next job comes along ...

Posted By:
Dawn Kairns 
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9Ig_HpnClFs/S8-DwOuUEAI/AAAAAAAAAbk/jGK-Bl97ds0/S640/smaller+tilted+bookcover+from+paint.jpg
Blog:      Dawn Kairns and Maggie the Dog 
Twitter:  ww.twitter.com/themaggiebook




No comments :