MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life
Click photo to visit dawnkairns.com

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Forever Home for Marky!


It is with great joy that I write this post. It's the one I have wanted to write for a long, long time. Remember Marky, the dog Tom and I rescued last January, 2010 in South Texas near the Mexican border? After over a year in foster and 2 "almost" adoptions that didn't happen, our boy FINALLY found his forever family just over a week ago.

They are very nice and loving, according to Brownsville SPCA, and they just fell in love with Marky. Isn't that fantastic? They have two young girls, about 9 and 7 years old, a small Maltese/Poodle mix, and a cat. Marky has joined them living indoors. After doing a home visit that they described as wonderful, Cindy and Laura from BSPCA are very excited as they feel that Marky is going to be very loved and happy there. They said this is the perfect home for any pet -- yes!!

Marky will also enjoy a huge, fenced backyard to play in, always supervised. The wife/Mom in the family is a stay at home mom, so she is always there. Marky hit the jackpot -- which he so deserves. Another wonderful dog off the streets and into a loving home -- as it should be! For a long time I was unsettled about Marky. I was happy he was safe and being cared for, but I so wanted his "forever bond" to begin. I do believe they sense impermanence. Now I feel complete, knowing this sweet boy is finally HOME.

Posted By:
Dawn Kairns 
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9Ig_HpnClFs/S8-DwOuUEAI/AAAAAAAAAbk/jGK-Bl97ds0/S640/smaller+tilted+bookcover+from+paint.jpg
Blog:      Dawn Kairns and Maggie the Dog 
Twitter:  www.twitter.com/themaggiebook

1 comment :

Cheryl E said...

I am THRILLED for Marky! He's so gorgeous, and truly deserves a wonderful life with some good people.
Cheryl E