MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life
Click photo to visit dawnkairns.com

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Possible Cure for Canine Parvovirus?

My Precious Maggie as a Puppy
According to the AP, a North Dakota company that discovered an antibody technology while trying to cure dying geese is using its research to save puppies. Early tests with Avianax performed on 50 puppies in seven states resulted in a 90 percent cure rate for parvovirus, which kills some puppies while others are often euthanized due to the high cost of treatment.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture issued a conditional permit for the field trials that are taking place in sites in seven states. Visit this ABC news link to learn more and read the full AP article.

If you wish, a click on my book titles below will take you to their order pages:

MAGGIE the Dog Who Changed My Life
FINAL YEARS Stories of Parent Care, Loss and lives Changed

2 comments :

Unknown said...

This is encouraging! I can't believe they've had such success at treating and even curing canine parvovirus. I had a few puppies growing up that died from it. It's really sad. I'm glad they're making advances in the field though. Things are looking up! http://hansendx.com/products/cpv/

Dawn Kairns said...

It is encouraging, Gerald. Let's hope it can continue. It had to be heartbreaking for you as a kid losing your puppies to parvo. Looks like you have used that experience to better the life of dogs by your antibody test. Take care and thanks for visiting Maggie's blog.