MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life
Click photo to visit dawnkairns.com

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tabby's Place (Video): In Honor of My Cat, Cinnamon

If I didn't know better, I'd say the kitty in this photo IS my own 17 year old cat, Cinnamon. But it isn't -- it's Tabby (see below). I post this today in Cinnamon's honor as she struggles with newly diagnosed kidney disease and a very significant anemia that one vet thinks is probably due to leukemia or lymphoma. I'm hoping she is wrong.

Cinnamon is a lifeline for me, part of my soul. I have had her longer than any animal in my life. It is she who brings me peace and a sense of being centered in my life. She was Maggie's best friend, now Maddie's. But most of all, mine ...

I pray, Cinnamon, that you will rally and be with us several more years. We love you so. This is for you,
who brings out the best in me as Tabby did for Jonathan ...

Cinnamon with Maddie on 7-11-2010 on way from Lake City to Montrose (in back of our pick up)

By Cris Popenoe on Care2.com


Jonathan Rosenberg made his money from dot-coms. He now spends that money helping cats in need.

A few years ago Rosenberg created Tabby's Place in honor of his family's beloved cat who succumbed to cancer in 1999. Upon hearing of Tabby's diagnosis, Rosenberg says he began questioning his purpose in life and whether or not he was doing enough to give back. He then resigned from his job and committed himself to creating the cat sanctuary, which offers an adoption center, a hospital and a hospice center.

As the story below points out, sometimes animals with the worst problems, can bring out the best in people.



Posted By:

Dawn Kairns  

Twitter: themaggiebook

No comments :