MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life
Click photo to visit dawnkairns.com

Monday, May 24, 2010

My Letter to President Obama Regarding the Gulf Oil Spill Catastrophe

Dear President Obama,

Like many Americans, I have watched oil continue to pour into the Gulf with shock, horror, and anger. BP clearly does not have a working plan for sealing this leak. I can't help but wonder why you or a committee appointed by you have not created a think tank of experts from farmers to aerospace engineers to solve this leak that is destroying countless lives of marine animals, precious marshlands, reefs, shores, livelihoods, etc.

Please, Mr. President, take charge of this catastrophe. We have the minds in this country to solve it. Please, our ocean and the life she contains has already been so damaged, perhaps irreversibly. We may have lost some species forever. It is time to act. We need the greatest minds working on this. If BP hasn't solved how to seal the leak by now, please don't leave it in their hands alone.

I urge you to bring together a think tank to solve the crisis of thousands of oil pouring into our ocean each day from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. We believed you when you said, "yes we can." I find myself feeling more powerless with each passing day with no end in sight to the gushing oil. Please, please show us that we can.

Sincerely,
Dawn Kairns

Posted By:

Dawn Kairns  
Author of MAGGIE the dog who changed my life

Website: www.dawnkairns.com
2009 Indie Book Awards Finalist
DWAA 2008 Merial Human-Animal Bond Award Finalist

No comments :