MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life
Click photo to visit dawnkairns.com

Friday, May 7, 2010

Maddie, My Therapy Dog: A Little Background on "Coffee With a Canine"

... How Were You and Maddie United?
From Coffee With a Canine by Marshall Zeringue

My husband and I were looking for a female yellow lab to adopt, preferably one year old or younger (Maggie had been a black lab and I wanted to make sure I didn't make comparisons by getting another black lab). We had just lost Chloe (the 11-year-old Golden retriever we adopted a year after Maggie died) a couple of months earlier. We plugged our criteria into The Denver Dumb Friends League website, and it linked to the Denver Municipal Animal Shelter and, lo and behold, there was Maddie’s precious black face, and it really called to me. She was ... Read more at Marshall Zeringue's  Coffee With a Canine or Campaign for the American Reader.

Posted By:

Dawn Kairns  
Author of MAGGIE the dog who changed my life

Website: www.dawnkairns.com
2009 Indie Book Awards Finalist
DWAA 2008 Merial Human-Animal Bond Award Finalist

2 comments :

Kirkland Acres Rabbitry And Farm said...

aww love at first sight. It was meant to be. Aren't we lucky to have such great dogs put in our paths.

Dawn Kairns, Author of MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life said...

Hi Lisa. You bet we're lucky!