MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life
Click photo to visit dawnkairns.com

Monday, December 21, 2009

Send Your Old Sweaters to Help Shelter Dogs Stay Warm

I have fond feelings for Hattiesburg, Mississippi since my husband and I traveled there to help the displaced dogs following Hurricane Katrina. Here are a couple of compassionate folks living in Hattiesburg, Mississippi who are reaching out to collect sweaters for outdoor shelter dogs to protect them from the cold. They began by purchasing 12 hand-me-down sweaters from Good Will and with a little sewing creativity began making the doggy sweaters for their local shelter. They have now expanded their mission beyond their small town and are reaching out to you and me to help.

How you can help:

Send your old sweaters to the following address and these folks will recycle them and distribute them to animal shelters all over the United States. They say the smaller the better:

PO Box 19071
Hattiesburg Ms
39404

You can follow their updates and find instructions at their blog here:

http://bignutshell.com/blogs/dogproject/

They also ask that you pass their blog along to others to spread the word:

http://bignutshell.com/blogs/dogproject/

canine1

Posted By:


Dawn Kairns
Author of
MAGGIE the dog who changed my life A Story of Love

Website: www.dawnkairns.com
2009 Indie Book Awards Finalist
DWAA 2008 Merial Human-Animal Bond Award Finalist

1 comment :

Dawn Kairns, Author of MAGGIE the dog who changed my life said...

I have unfortunately received messages that there has been no response from these folks to offers made to donate sweaters for dogs to them. I apologize if any more of you have tried to contact these folks with the good intention to help, and not received a response.