MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life

MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life
Click photo to visit dawnkairns.com

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

For Suzie, The Lucky, Loved & Rescued Street Dog from Taiwan

For Norm and Helen ... In Loving Memory of Suzie

I met Norm and Suzie the "street dog" about 10 years ago, at the Brewing Market, next door to McGuckin's Hardware, every Boulder dog's favorite store. I wrote about these fun dog places that I frequented with Maggie in my book. Norm's love for Suzie jumped out, their bond palpable. I recognized Norm and Suzie's bond ... it was that same deep soul mate connection I had with Maggie.

Through the years I have always been struck by this pair, and Norm's tremendous commitment to Suzie. You see, they met when he was doing business in Taiwan so many years ago, and he did what it took to bring her home with him to Boulder, CO. I have not yet met Helen, Norm's wife, but I know she, along with Norm, is missing this wonderful soul, Suzie, with all of her heart, too. This is the slideshow tribute Norm and Helen put together for their precious Suzie. Suzie passed on May 13, 2011.



Norm and Helen, I am so very sorry for your tremendous loss. The life you gave Suzie was beautiful. Every street dog should be so fortunate to be loved and cared for as you did this furry angel, Suzie. I hope the gift of life and love you gave Suzie remains forever in your awareness and offers comfort to your hearts.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Suzie was a lucky one.
RIP, sweetie. My condolences to her people.